Bertha and Baby Blue

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Just a funny

Friday when we picked Bertha up  from the maintenance work we thought maybe there should be a way to get back to the camping place without going all the way through Loveland.  We looked at the map---looks like US 60 should come into highway 34 further west.  OK!! we'll try that.   BIG MISTAKE!!!  We took the correct exit (254) just like the map showed.  ( OH, I forgot to say I'm driving the car and Lydell is driving Bertha and we are using walky-talkies to communicate) But where is 60?
Lydell tells me to turn left and go under the interstate---OK  He knows where we're going. Is this 60?  It doesn't appear to be.  Should we turn around?  No,  just going  this should take us where we want to go.  The road narrows, the pavement stops and turns into gravel, big fork in the road (OK now in my mind I'm in the Muppet Movie and I actually see a BIG FORK)  Which way?  Lydell says right.  OK we go right, still gravel road, a few farm houses and barns. ( I just know the people inside those houses must be shaking their heads thinking "another lost tourist" or who  would in their right mind would bring that big motor home down here?) Road turns right no choice here.  Keep going----now it's turned back to being paved---look a town.. YEA!!!!  Alright 287  I know where that goes.  It's 5:30pm on Friday and Oh the traffic is heavy.  UGH!!!  287 takes you right through  Old Town Loveland---stop lights every block, cars parked on the street, and heavy traffic.  Finally 34, left turn here.  Heavier traffic, but at least it is a 4 lane, sometimes 6 lane highway.  In my little Rav 4 this is not bad.  But in Bertha it is really bad.  Just glad I was driving Rav 4 and not Bertha.
I don't think we'll try any more short cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment