Bertha and Baby Blue

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home Cooking

Wednesday afternoon we went to an open air Farmers Market.  Got green bean, new potatoes, lettuce, onions, cabbage, peaches, cantalope, and corn on the cob.  I had trouble reminding myself  I could not buy a bunch of this stuff.  No place to store it.  But oh, I wanted to buy and buy.  It all looked so good. 

Tonight I cooked a big supper for Lydell and I.  (Should have invited all the neighbors). I snapped a big pan of green beans, (brought back lots of memories of good times as a kid and later ones when my kids hated the chore of snapping beans) put a couple slices of bacon in, washed up the new red potatoes, chopped up some onion and
 put in then cooked it until the potatoes were real done. Cooked up a couple ears of corn on the cob, made a salad and grilled a couple of chicken breast on the Forman grill.  Yummmmy!!!!!!  This is the first time I've cooked on the stove in the motor home.  Not too bad.
UCK!!!!!!!then I had to clean up my mess.  Lydell did help----mostly by staying out of the way and carrying out the trash.  The kitchen is not big enough for but one.  Espcially when you are big like the two of us.

We were going to go for a walk, but I was ready to just sit for a while when I finished the dishes.  Besides there is a good football game on.  College game---Cincinnatti At NC State.   Just looked over to say something to Lydell and he is sound asleep.  OK I guess his eyes are just closed.  He made a comment about what one the announcers just said.  OOPS  his head just dropped.  

Tomorrow will be laundry day.  We will go in and use Bonnie's machines.

OH---if you read the post Lydell put on earlier about the microwave----this afternoon I put a cup of water in to see if would work  Yep, it worked just fine.  The thing just does not want to do oatmeal.  Weird!!!!

Goodnight everyone!!
God bless and keep you.  III John 2.

1 comment: