Bertha and Baby Blue

Thursday, June 16, 2011

On the road again. Billie posting

We left Dodge City Wednesday morning right at 9 am cst. We stopped in Goodland, Ks to fill up with gas about 1:30, I went in the store to get a snack, Coming out I was distracted by something in the window, missed the step on the sidewalk and fell flat on my face. Hit my nose, mouth and left knee--- breaking my right front tooth, skinned my nose, and left knee. I don't know how it kept from breaking my glasses, but they are fine. My dignity is brused, however. I called our daughter, Bonnie, in Loveland and she was able to get me in to see her dentist Thursday afternoon. I'm hopeing he'll be able to just cap what's left of the tooth.  We will be around for 3 months if I need more than just one trip to see him.
We stoppped at 3:30 cst in Seibert to spend the night.  Found a leak in the water heater.  The whole 6 gallons had leaked out.  Uck!!!!  Called and got an appoint Friday morning at RV America in Johnstown--just south of Loveland. So we will spend the night at Johnsons Corner RV.
Thursday morning on the road again at 8am mst.  My dentist appoint is at 4 this afternoon.  I sure have a fat lip.  My knee and both wrists are OK not even sore.  The tooth hurts if I bump it.  Do you know how much you use your front teeth to talk and eat--even chewing on the sides.  The dentist had told Bonnie to have me take 600-800mg of ibprofin to help with pain.  I'm sure that's why the wrist and knee don't hurt. 
We stopped for gas at Limon.  I stayed IN the motor home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment