Bertha and Baby Blue

Monday, November 15, 2010

Amarillo

We had a really great visit with Mother and Daddy in Amarillo.  Mother cooked supper for us almost every evening while we were there.  I just love my Momma's cooking.  I am going to miss it.
We played 42 a couple of nights but Daddy and Lydell did not like getting beat so we switched to Chicken Foot.  Mother and I played lots of Yatchee-- I think we were about even on win/loses.

We drove down to Palo Duro Canyon one afternoon---it was a beautiful day, sunny and warm.  The park has had lots of improvements on the road and picnic/camping areas but it is just as beautiful as it was last time we were there and what I remember from my childhood.  Then we drove over to Canyon.  Drove around the campus, over to the apartments we lived in when we were first married, and down to the court house.  The campus has really changed since A&M took over.  The apartments are still there and look about the same as they did 43 years ago.

I had lunch with Teresa Shuttlesworth Dorsey, a childhood friend I had not seen in about 40 years.  We had a really great time visiting and catching up with one another.  I'll be giving Teresa a call next time we are in Amarillo so we can stay in touch.

Enjoyed so much spending time with Mother and Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment